With the unnecessary lockdown and the continued inconsistent and contradictory messages coming from the government during the daily covid19 updates I wrote to my MP (Reading, West) on the 10th of May
Having not received a response by the 5th of July, I decided to send the same letter with some add-ons to all MPs for the exception of the Cabinet (simply because they are the ones steering us into this abyss).
As expected, I did get many automatic responses confirming receipt with a few responses explaining that due to strict parliamentary protocols they could only reply to their constituents. Which is fine by me. However, a couple did forward the e-mail to my MP. Which I was hoping they would. I am not holding my breath waiting for a response from my MP (who also happens to be a member of the Cabinet)
Below is the letter I sent.
5Th July 2020 Subject: Bill Gates COVID-19 Vaccine & Government Scandals
Dear Mr/Ms XXXXXX
I hope you are well.
As we go into the 4th month of the lockdown, I am obliged by my instincts to put in writing what I see transpiring around us regarding the direction we are heading as a result of actions and/or inactions of our government with the handling of this crisis. I have, therefore, put together some, blatantly obvious concerns that I have and that, I believe, many others may have noticed but yet neither parliament nor the media is discussing while we sleep walk into oblivion in economic and health terms as a country.
On the 12 of April, Easter Sunday, Charlie Stayt interviewed Bill Gates on the BBC One - Breakfast show (https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0896rpg). The following is what disturbs me to the core. They disturb me such because Bill Gates was never challenged neither during the interview by the presenter nor since by anyone from the media or, indeed, from the government.
1. During the interview, Bill Gates claimed to be an expert on these matters. These are decisions that could potentially affect every man woman and child in the UK, and, indeed, in the whole world. Since when was Bill Gates, with nothing more than a background in IT and without any medical credentials (the last time I looked), become an expert in such matters?
2. When asked about a vaccine, Bill Gates indicated it would take a minimum of 18 months before one could be made available to the public. However, he also suggested that there was a possibility of having a vaccine available sooner (by the autumn) provided the government would indemnify the vaccine producers (in other words, that it would NOT be fully tested and would therefore carry high risk of very serious injury) – again, no challenge from the interviewer.
3. Following point 2, on the 23 April, just 11 days after the interview, we were told that human trials had begun (http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-04-23-oxford-covid-19-vaccine-begins-human-trial-stage#) Note that there was no explanation as to why an inert placebo was not used. This begs the question, whatever happened to the 18 months and/or autumn earliest date for the vaccine as indicated by Bill gates during the interview? Was the vaccine already available at the time of the interview? Was a new vaccine just “rushed out” to appease the public? (which would obviously be inappropriate and highly dangerous). Was the normal protocol followed in preparing this new vaccine or was there political pressure with disregard to human safety? - no challenge from the government nor media. Historically, vaccine development is a long and complex process often lasting 10-15+ years.
4. It was disappointing to hear our PM, Boris Johnson, congratulate and thank Bill Gates for his philanthropy following the GAVI meeting on the 4th of June. We all understand the meaning of philanthropy, but BG is far from being this with regards to vaccines by his own admission that investing in vaccines guarantees a 20 fold return on investment (https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/01/23/bill-gates-and-the-return-on-investment-in-vaccinations-davos.html) . Is the PM making a mockery of us? GlobalJusticeNow last year produced an un-disputable report on BG that described “His foundation far from a neutral charitable trust and is about benefitting big business…”
Like most people, I may not have any medical background, but I have enough experience in life and something that everyone has, that is, the common sense and gut instinct to know when something is amiss.
Conflict of interest – Scandalous
According to the government’s own website of the UK Vaccine Network (https://www.gov.uk/government/groups/uk-vaccines-network#:~:text=The%20focus%20of%20the%20Network,to%20the%20UK's%20broader%20vaccine) under membership list I find the following individuals listed who are tasked to steer/guide/manage the identification and selection of a covid19 vaccine.
· Adrian Hill, Andrew Pollard, Bryan Charleston, Ceri Lyn-Adams, Charlie Weller, Charlotte Watts, Chris Whitty, Christian Schneider, Eleanor Riley, Fiona Tomley, Gary Entrican, Ian Hudson, Jean Lang, Jeffrey Almond, Joann Prior, Johan Van Hoof, John Edmunds, Jonathan Pearce, Julian Bonnerjea, Mahesh Kumar, Massimo Pamlarini, Mike Francis, Miles Carroll, Neil Ferguson, Nick Adkin, Paul Cosford, Peter Openshaw, Simon Foster, Stephen Inglis, Steve Chatfield, Sue Middleton, Tarit Mukhopadhyay, Timothy Atkins, Xiao-Ning Xu
Why is every single individual mentioned above (for the exception of 2) directly or indirectly linked to and has recently or currently received huge funds directly or indirectly from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. This poses a huge conflict of interest, given what they have been tasked. Why has there not been even a murmur from the press and/or any MP to get the government to, at least, explain this, what seems to be an anomaly.
An insult to the Black Asian & Minority Ethnic group – Scandalous
· Matt Hancock on the daily covid19 update of the 18th of June had the audacity to suggest that the BAME group be defined as a vulnerable group and would, therefore, be prioritised to receive the vaccine before the general population (parroting Melinda Gates’s sentiments). This is an absolute insult to black people, given that blacks have never been especially prioritised when it comes to other social benefits such as housing, schooling and/or jobs. Why are blacks suddenly being given preference when it comes to testing dubious vaccines. We are NOT guinea pigs. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec53UNR2Vmw @13:40) A massive public apology to black people by Matt Hancock and the PM is overdue and the order rescinded.
· Where are our BAME MPs when we need them? When are they going to stand up and speak for the blacks whom they represent? What are they afraid of? Perhaps Black Lives do NOT matter?
Lockdown & Social Distancing:
1. Why was the SAGE advice against lockdown ignored by the government?
2. Gross negligence of the vulnerable – the elderly being left dying in care-homes due to denial of medical care with many having been moved from hospital to these homes some of whom would have been designated as COVID19 patients thus possibly transferring the virus to the care homes further infecting those residents. Whose decision was this and who will be made ultimately accountable.
3. Continued Lockdown despite Chris Whitty’s view of COVID19 as being no worse than the normal flu -June 11 daily update. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkFNeKLPT0E @51:38-59:55)
4. School – Education system compromised- no clear message. Has anyone considered what happens to society when a generation of children are brought up to believe that human contact is dangerous?
1. We are now being forced to wear masks on public transport with talk of the possibility of mask wearing in other public spaces yet only a few months ago, at the height of lockdown, the government was advising that masks would make little or no difference (Chris Whitty SAGE – 4th March, Sir Patrick Vallance SAGE – 23rd April, Matt Hancock – 24th April, Angela McLean quotes SAGE – 28th April). ( https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-uk-news-professor-chris-whitty-no-masks-advice-a9374086.html) No scientific studies to prove otherwise have since been carried out.
2. Why are children exempt from wearing masks on public transport but need a vaccine?
3. Consensus from experts is that masks have more of a negative benefit than a positive.
Immediate manufacturing and stockpiling of a vaccine before it is approved - Scandalous
1. This is absurd and unprecedented. Why would any government build a “stockpile” of a vaccine that has not yet been approved? This flies in the face of logic and common sense. Will AstraZeneca be prepared to absorb the full cost of destroying this ‘stockpile’ should the vaccine not be approved? See daily covid19 update by Matt Hancock on 18th June (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec53UNR2Vmw @13:40) Bearing in mind that there has never been an effective coronavirus vaccine in history (including the flu vaccine), who is Matt Hancock to claim that “the best way to defeat the virus is with a vaccine”? Why has animal testing been dropped and what other breaches of safety testing protocols been made? The mind boggles! Why is this man still at his post?
1. The government seems to be deliberately avoiding discussing this option despite very positive reports from medics worldwide as a possible proven alternative readily available and at very low cost (https://www.ukcolumn.org/article/the-hydroxychloroquine-scandal). The lockdown has already cost us billions and continues to do so yet the government persists in wasting our money on an unlikely and risky vaccine when a clear alternative exists.
I urge you to put these concerns to parliament as I am sure you will agree that they are legitimate and in the national interest especially given that we are still in lockdown with our economy faltering.